CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Terrible Ruling: Judge Halts Publication Of Harry Potter Lexicon

Techdirt: "Despite the fact that J.K. Rowling relied on emotional, rather than legal reasons for not wanting the publication of a guidebook about the Harry Potter universe, called the Harry Potter Lexicon to go forward, it appears that a judge was convinced. The judge has halted the publication of the Lexicon, saying that it violates Rowling's copyrights and did not establish a fair use defense."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not wanting to say whether or not I agree on the ruling, I would be very interested to hear how this went over with the Creative Commons people. Laurence Lessing is or was speaking at CMU I believe, I just watch a lecture of his online about the CC. I wonder how he would phrase the outcome of the case, or what he this this means for the future of the Creative Commons