CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back To School: Expand Your Brain with Evernote

LifeHacker:
"A new school year is just around the corner, but this semester you're looking for a safer way to enhance your brainpower than getting all hopped up on caffeine pills Jessie Spano-style. This year, the robust note-taking software Evernote is your answer. Let's take a look at how you can use your computer, cellphone, and digital camera in conjunction with the free, cross-platform application Evernote to remember everything for the rest of your life--or at least until the end of the semester."

2 comments:

BWard said...

Evernote and Jott both seem to have come out of beta around the same time - Evernote had a closed beta (which I was invited to eventually), but Jott's beta was open to the public and I became a user of their service (mainly because the voice to text via phone call service is pretty awesome).

Now that I've got 3 platforms I work on every day (Mac, Windows, and iPhone), it's nice to see how much cross-compatibility new apps are supporting. Everything syncs up, and no matter where I am, i'm always looking at my current todo list.

Evernote, however, is geared more towards the packrat - you save everything you ever think might be useful, tag it, and forget about it. This sounds like a great tool for designers (especially the photo and website features), but for me personally? Not so much.

Anonymous said...

I tried using both this and Jott and it really it pretty awesome. My only problem is that I'm still really attached to my paper planner and I can't seem to feel safe that everything in my schedule is in digital format. I really like being able to see it in front of me in a tangible format. Maybe my attachment is due to my fear of losing all my information and being left schedule-less.