CMU School of Drama


Saturday, April 26, 2008

Professor Dr. Fritz Sennheiser to be Inducted into the Consumer Electronics Hall of Fame

Lighting&Sound America Online - News: "The Consumer Electronics Association(r) (CEA) has announced that Prof. Dr. Fritz Sennheiser is to be inducted into its CE Hall of Fame. The 95-year-old founder of Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG is one of 12 honorees to be inducted in 2008, and has been chosen by the expert jury in the category Founders and Inventors."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How nice. Sennheiser is on of my favorite companies, and the work of Dr. Sennheiser has put theatre sound where it is today. The listing of all the companies milestone works struck me. I didn't know they had developed so many new technologies. I don't like the name Consumer Electronics Hall of Fame, I think it derates some of the people inducted into it, but I guess any recognition is better than no recognition.

Anonymous said...

I had no idea that the shot gun mike was invented so long ago. The shot gun mike is also really interseting and I don't know where the film and television world would be without it. The constant twisting of the boom mike pole is annoying however when using a shot gun mike. Even though it is annoying it picks up audio very well and is a great design.