CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, April 29, 2008

LAUREN GUNDERSON

Los Angeles Times - calendarlive.com: "ALOT of my pieces are science- or history-based, so most of my creative development starts with research. I cram a lot of information into my brain and there's spillage that ends up on the page. Many of my plays are biographical, so I have that person's life to go on as well as the time period they're in. But it's not like a documentary. As the dramatist, I can say who the story is really about and how we are going to tell it."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that it is great for this article to encourage the practice of flexibility when working with a team. This is often an issue, as someone's idea may actually be better than another's, and the resulting compromise may not actually be the best solution.