CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Creating a Better Impression

Lifehack.org: "Sometimes I think I’m the shyest person on the planet. Back in the days when I was interviewing for jobs, I had a sad tendency to work myself into a tizzy about whether I was going to make a good impression. Over the years, I’ve done my best to calm down about introductions, by focusing on what I can do to improve my odds. I’ve found that thinking about what I can do can at least distract me from the worries I might have about a situation."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This really applies to what I am starting in my quest for summer employment. Over the next week or two I will be having several interviews, and although over the years I have improved immensely in how I handle these situations, there is always great room for improvement. I find that out of all of these tips, what I have found to be most important is the follow up. Even if it seems a bit over the top, a little note or message as a thank you not only makes them feel good (really, it does), but shows them that the encounter was meaningful for you. Likewise, it will make it more likely to remain meaningful to them.