CMU School of Drama


Thursday, March 27, 2008

Introduction to AutoCAD 2009: 1 - New user interface

Daily Autocad: "The showy menu placed on the upper side of the screen is called RIBBON as it is in the Office program. Actually DASHBOARD which we are introduced in AutoCAD 2007 is replaced with RIBBON. The command name is also changed as ribbon. The ribbon is separated into 6-8 tabs and each tab is also separated into panels. Tabs and their contents change according to WORKSPACES which provides an efficient usage."

1 comment:

dmxwidget said...

This is my first time seeing the new interface for CAD 2009. I dont see why they need to release a new verion every year, and already a year early. I like they way 2K7 is setup and I think it would be weird to switch to this new interface. I am sure that if I had time to get used to it I would be ok, but I still like the 2K7 setup. The changes are probably for the better, but I wont be convinced until I have a chance to use it.