CMU School of Drama


Monday, January 21, 2008

Dance Light

Judy Conte, Cindy Limauro, Susan Tsu and Tina Shackleford cordially invite you to attend this year’s Dance Light concert with performances on Friday, January 25th at 3:30pm and 5:30pm. There will be a special Leagues Benefit performance on Saturday, January 26th at 3:30pm. Admission is $5.00. Please see Maria in the Box Office for tickets.

Of special note, this is the 20th anniversary of Dance Light for Judy and Cindy. The project has come a long way since its inception. It has grown to include costume designers and new this year, stage managers. It is the largest cross-disciplinary project in the School of Drama and provides a unique opportunity for the students.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this event last year. I've always loved dance, and I wish we did more dance-oriented productions here. I would really love the opportunity to Stage Manage a ballet in the future, but as that isn't on the schedule, I think I'll just hope for dance light. It's a really great collaboration project for everyone, and I'm glad it's a tradition that's been here so long.

BWard said...

20 years? wow, no wonder it's come together so well. last year was great and it sure sounds like this years will be too. perhaps all the loud music will draw people away from the opera to see what's going on inside the rauh. alternatively someone who i shan't name could just turn the subwoofer mix down...

Anonymous said...

I am really happy I that I get to be working on this project. It has provided a nice introduction to things that I need to be thinking of when I start work on my actual assignment, and I get to be around dance, which makes me quite happy. The stage management rotation is new to me, but something that I really enjoy, and because this is such a collaborative project it is interesting to see how each dance evolves during tech week.