CMU School of Drama


Saturday, October 20, 2007

Willie Williams Featured In Live Design Projection Master Classes At LDI 2007

Live Design: "Perhaps the most cutting-edge visualist of our time, Willie Williams works with light and visual media to create installations and performance environments. His combination of high tech media and lo-tech eccentricity first received acclaim through his work with U2, particularly their Zoo TV and PopMart tours. Williams' work with R.E.M., David Bowie, and George Michael has also been highly regarded as being both conceptually and technologically groundbreaking. Williams will be a featured speaker in the Live Design Projection Master Classes at LDI2007, November 14 and 15 in Orlando, FL."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing new and innovative uses of lighting and projection. It's something that is really starting to develop in our industry and become extremely prominent in stage shows of any kind. I would love to go to LDI at some point in time just to see everything.

shupcey said...

To me projection is really intriguing - mainly because I know nothing about it. I can't wait for when I get to LDI (hopefully next year) and get to be introduced to all of this. I've had a small taste of projection talks but no actual experience. I suppose it will be just a thing I learn as I run into it, but I'd really like to learn some more about it whether in some sort of workshop, master class, or some other way, preferably hands on so I can experiment and really get an idea of what can be done with projections.