CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, October 30, 2007

What Are Your Talking Points?

lifehack.org: "When I started doing my own research after completing my graduate coursework, I was advised by a mentor to have three descriptions of my work ready to recite at a moment’s notice: a three-minute overview, a 12-minute presentation, and a half-hour discussion. The three-minute version is what you tell someone when you’re sharing an elevator at an academic conference; the 12-minute version is suitable for giving a conference presentation; and the half-hour version is what you pull out when you’re sitting down for an interview with a potential funder or getting permission from a local community to do research there."

1 comment:

S said...

Not only are the organization of talking points valid and good to remember, I also really like the idea behind having various time presentations prepared. I think the hardest thing for most people will be to have 3 talking points, cause people tend to go way over or are not able to talk about one.