CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Comedy of Errors

Pittsburgh City Paper - Pittsburgh:



"Waiting for The Comedy of Errors to commence at the O'Reilly Theater, you may notice something definitely not traditionally Shakespearean: James Noone's set. There's a billboard promoting Desperate Housewives of Windsor. Another advertises the Shylock Loan Company. Everywhere your eye lights there's something like that. The place is plastered with the stuff. What's this? You're laughing before the curtain rises? What curtain? Are you certain there's a curtain?"

2 comments:

maddie regan said...

I think it's nice to see a review that not only mentions a design, but opens with it. The description and praise given to the scenic design was really nice to hear - just as a fellow behind-the-scenes person. It's less common for praise to be seen there. The overall article makes me really want to go see the show, even though I really hate Shakespeare. I almost bought a ticket till I saw that they were $16 - and then I rapidly lost the desire. But the intial thought was still there, and that's the goal of any teaser, so well done.

Ryan said...

I wish I had seen this sooner because I would really like to go. It sounds like a lot of fun sound like a really good, well done show. Even just the picture that was on there was neat just because if anything I love primary colours.