CMU School of Drama


Monday, September 24, 2007

Word of Mouth Review: Grease

Broadway.com: "Sandy and Danny are back on the Great White Way in a new production of Grease featuring newly-crowned Broadway stars Max Crumm and Laura Osnes, who won their roles on TV's 'You're the One That I Want.' Since regular folks chose Max and Laura, who better to check in on this new production than our Word of Mouth panelists? Find out if they think the new Grease goes together with Broadway like ram-a-lama...well, you know the rest."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we need to acknowledge that there s a reason the producers of te television contest chose Grease. Grease is a musical that can relate to everyone and is another musical that ca be very complex or very simple. Since these people were selected by the public there is a lot of potential that their will be brief success from this show, built ultimately, much like the stars from "American idol" the fame will come, but ultimately will not last.

Anonymous said...

I definetly agree with the above. America loses interest in reality show contestants pretty quick and its not as if Grease is anything new to most, so I don't think the show naturally grabs anyones attention. Oh well...

Anonymous said...

The first time I heard about the show I was completely appalled. It's like any remaining dignity musical Broadway might have had left went out the window. It's all producer run. They wanted a TV show so that people would want to go see their favorite person on Broadway and the producers could make lots of money. I can't even imagine the horror when a couple of reality stars literally "won" a popularity contest to be on Broadway. It's all a money game, and it makes me sad when I see something like that. At least when I'm watching Little Mermaid, I know the actors onstage auditioned for their roles and got them. And at least it's something fresh. Everyone and their mother has done Grease at some point in time.