CMU School of Drama


Sunday, September 23, 2007

Surefire Ways to Pump Up Your IM Power

Web Worker Daily: "Instant Messaging (IM) is a key part of every workday for many web workers, but I’ve noticed that many people don’t take advantage of new features and offerings in the IM space that have arisen as the technology has evolved. From ways to secure IM sessions, to extensive added features in the newer universal IM clients, you can probably be doing much more with your instant messaging sessions."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would say this is a pretty good list of things for the heavy user of IM to look in to. All too often you see people having to switch between multiple programs to do all these things, but if you look for the right one to begin with, you can kill multiple birds with one stone. I think another important thing that was kind of left out of the description of all the "Uber-IM clients" is the fact that many of them are written much more efficiently than, say AIM Triton. You'll end up with much less Memory and processing power being used up, which can really come into play when you are trying to multi-task.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I apparently am more in the dark then I suspected. It is hard enough for me to update my instant messenger when it prompts me, let alone keep up with all of this! I had no idea any of these things existed, but judging by personal experience, it is probably best for me and anyone one with similar computer challenges to stick to the basics. The rest is just too overwhelming...though a fun idea to dream about...