CMU School of Drama


Friday, August 31, 2007

Swedish Workwear Hits U.S.

Tools of the Trade: "It only takes one glance to notice that Blåkläder workwear is a bit different. But beyond its distinctive styling, Blåkläder clothes offer standout functionality and durability, says this Swedish manufacturer that recently brought its 48-year-old brand to the U.S. The company describes its products as 'functional workwear' aimed at solving common contractor challenges through features like specially designed (and plentiful) pockets, integrated kneepads, and durable materials and construction."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The design of the paints is very thoughtful, such as many pockets and tool loop. Having an extra belt or a tool bag on waist is annoying and uncomfortable at times. I love the design of the protection on kneeling and squatting positions. I have two jeans broken on that position because I very often kneeled and squatted for taping the cable, arranging gel and doing whatever…It is cold sometimes while wearing the broken jeans. And this might cause danger while climbing ladder. So,it might be the time to think about geeting a Swedish work paints now!

Anonymous said...

anyone who has seen me work in crew knows that my look is denim overalls, but I'm always looking for new crew clothes to get me through and are also durable, sure sure nothing I'm doing is so taxing that i ruin my clothes in the process, but there is something to be said about being comfortable and knowing that my body is also protected from whatever might be an encounter-able problem on crew. use-ablitlity is very important and the improved design of these seems comparable to that of overalls, meaning useful places to store and carry things.... I'm looking into it...

Anonymous said...

I am a huge fan in investing in good durable clothing. My one worry for these pants is that they may be too thick for indoor use. I personally sweat buckets while working crew, and would hate to feel stuffy while working. I do feel that it would be worth buying a single pair, just to counter the effects of always wearing ridiculously cheap jeans.