CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ending the ‘Budget Dance' for the Arts

New York Sun: "The announcement last week by Mayor Bloomberg and the City Council that cultural program funding will in the future be awarded through a competitive process, replacing a system in which a small number of groups got the lion's share of support through line items and member items, is being greeted with praise by cultural leaders all over the city — including some whose organizations may see their funding diminish."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its so nice to actually see a budget increase in the arts and as I type this I think to myself how truly sad it is that we live in a society where we think like that, I know back home(in Florida), there is constant budget cuts going directly to the arts and education in the arts and I think as a country we forget how truly important the arts is to the education and development of the individual so once again I say YAY for the increase in the arts budget.