CMU School of Drama


Sunday, September 17, 2006

Technical Direction - Stock Scenery Project

Question:
Hello. I have a question about our homework. I was about to make a list of large prop needs....however, I'm not sure what that means exactly. All I have down is a piano. Am I in the right ball park? I think I'm confusing myself. I guess I'm asking: is a large prop need a prop that is bigger than a hand prop?
Answer:
Mostly I think things that would feel like furniture or architecture, but not absolutely limited to that. Tables, chairs, stools, benches, bars, doors, windows, desks, beds, couches - these are all kinds of things that would be in the realm. You would need to be more specific though, and there are certainly things I can't think of off the top of my head. That's why you should talk to some of the people that use the facility.

No comments: